Empagliflozin + Metformin - Jardiance Duo 12.5/1000mg Tablet - 1 box
Type 2 DM as monotherapy in adults inadequately controlled by diet & exercise alone & for whom metformin is inappropriate due to intolerance. Add-on combination therapy w/ other glucose-lowering drugs eg, insulin & when diet & exercise is inappropriate. Reduction of CV death risks in patients w/ type 2 DM & established CV disease.
- Per 12.5 mg/1000 mg FC tab Empagliflozin 12.5 mg, metformin HCl 1000 mg
- Adult 1 tab bd. Max: Empagliflozin 25 mg & metformin 2,000 mg daily.
- Treatment-naive patient Initially 5 mg/500 mg bd. Max: Empagliflozin 25 mg & metformin 2,000 mg daily.
- Switching from separate tab of empagliflozin & metformin Initiate based on current empagliflozin & metformin dose.
- Inadequately controlled on max tolerated metformin dose or in combination with insulin Empagliflozin 5 mg bd & current metformin dose.
- Renal impairment eGFR 60-89 mL/min Max: Metformin 3,000 mg & empagliflozin 25 mg daily, 45-59 mL/min Initially, metformin not >1,000 mg. Max: Metformin 2,000 mg daily, 30-44 mL/min Initially, metformin not >500 mg. Max: Metformin 1,000 mg daily.